A picture of a building at Thirunallaru, Tamil Nadu.
Had like 5 seconds in hand when i took the pic… was rushing to the car… 😀
Another year has passed, another decade has flown by and i’m left wondering ” Whats up with time? looks like it is in a hurry”
i felt this year was just too quick. it was indeed a significant year too. loads of stuff happened. good and bad 🙂
1) i started blogging 😀 something i always thought was far from my reach. i always considered myself a bad writer but am working hard to improve. 🙂
2) i started to show a slight interest in cooking. my mom was like “Atlast!!! you know it is time you start learning how to cook” the result : The first dessert we ever made
3) i got my scholarship for 3rd year in a row in my college. 😀 was so glad. hope to get it in my final year too. then that would be four in a row and an engineering degree that cost me nothing but sheer hardwork !!! 😉 so loads of expectations in 2011.
4) i turned 20 !!! was thrown out of my teenage years, but love it… 😉
5) started some proper preparation for my CAT exams that i’ll be facing this year. ( wish me luck!!! ) it is very important to me.
6) towards the end of the year I’ve turned into a book worm ( not the college books though! 😉 ) i’m on a reading spree. thats never usual with me ( i love reading books but not 2 or 3 books per week) but i’m glad. ( something useful 🙂 )
7) and this is something i’m not that happy about. i’m staying away from niru (my sis) on new year’s day ( actually she is away camping for 8 days ) and I’ve never done that. I’ve never stayed away from her for days in a stretch and it is, you know as if i’m missing something around me. ( but i’m sure that devil will be so happy camping 😡 )
so i’m entering into 2011 with loads of hope and hoping this very important year does bring me all the luck i need 😉
2011? bring it on!!! 😀
Unmindful of the number of curious glances me and my sister were attracting we just walk past the busy streets of our city. This is usual. Curious to know why? Patience my friend. Well, the story unfurled around 20 years ago when i just stepped into the earth and I was busy giving curious glances around the place when all of a sudden another baby was placed right next to me.(Stop crying… its irritating!).People were speaking something, and all I could hear was “… yeah it is … twins”. I thought “twins” was her name or something. Now it was their turn to give us curious glances. I mistook it for my popularity 😉 but It was few moments before the truth sank into me (I had to live with her for my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!). There started our path of roses and thorns. But still those few moments (around 60 seconds) before she was born …ahhh, those were the times! 🙂
today we the ” coolest twins” turn 20 and decided to give you a sneak peek into the life of cooltwins (i know thats too much… 🙂 )
It is not possible to put down our entire life history in one single post. But I’l try and give you a glance into the life of “The Cooltwins” 🙂
Chat, chat all the way…:
There is never a “topic-deficiency” for chatting when we are together as we both did our higher sec. education in different schools and now we are doing engineering in different colleges. So we had so many stuffs to discuss. Our talks are never plunged totally into gossip but also grazed over studies. We do share notes with each other (Eeeps… the exams are round the corner!!!) and do try to help each other (It is tough you know?).
And speaking about studies and school… next in line are the poor friends. The real fun lies in fooling unsuspecting friends. We studied in different branches of same school, we had a common Independence Day function at school and my sister missed it, I had the “pleasure” of impersonating my sister in her absence. I was so busy shuffling between the two gangs. And when they enquired what I was doing in the other gang, “nothing I am trying to fool them into thinking that I’m their friend” I said and at the end I got to relish their blank faces when I told them i was not Niranjana (my sister).
Both of us are trained classical dancers and have been doing dance performances with our dance class troupe for quite some time. So then and there our pics get published in the papers and when by chance only my pic came in the papers, my sis would still want to show off and take that paper just like that to her friends and declare that was her in the pic and the friends were like “oh! Awesome… so good” while she had an evil grin on her face.
When I sit and analyze what have I gained of having a twin I understood one thing: ( I had no time to sit around and do a Socrates) though it is tough to admit, i must say i enjoy each and every second of my life thanks to that sweet idiot. i would be totally lost if not for her. Most of my seniors cautioned us that those 5 months before college started after counseling would be Hell on Earth since it would be boring (How long can one watch T.V.?)But it was right opposite in our case. There wasn’t a boring day in those 5 months. In fact those days were not enough. we were chatting away, discussing stuff, joined Crazy engineers forum, did loads of shopping, reading stories, and what not. We could have done with some more if only we had more time.
Thorny side of life:
Well the thorny side of our life is the recurrent fights me and my sister have (I’m just back from one!).An hour doesn’t pass without us picking up a fight with each other. most of the time it is based on literally nothing. At times it may get intense as a war, my mother assumes a third-party role trying to calm us. (Charge….!)
And today as we turn 20 and have a glance into the 2 decades we both had to put up with each other we realize, though this life has its advantages, It also has the disadvantage of………(Well can’t think of any right now!).In toto it is double the dhamaka. If I need to talk about all sorts of fun involved I’m sure this post won’t be enough. But to enjoy all this fun I had to under go lot of troubles(hey!!That was mine…!!Here she goes again!!!) Aargh…
Happy Birthday sis… 🙂
by: Madhu ( with niru poking her head into the screen from my back… )