Few months back we tried our hand at cooking. 😀 It was far far better than what i expected it to be 🙂 I can proudly say it was the best dessert I’ve had in my life :p
the dish was “Sunshine Cheese Cake with Poached Apples set inside a layer of mango jelly“.
Here is how we went about with the dish :
The ingredients we gathered:
1 packet Mango Jelly
sweet plain biscuits, finely crushed
150g butter (unsalted)
500g light cream cheese
1/2 cup icing sugar
270g can coconut cream
1 apple (to be poached, in slices)
1. Put the Mango Jelly in boiling water and whisk until dissolved then let cool for 30 minutes. cool until if forms a thick syrup consistency. Don’t let it cool for too long, or it will start setting.
2. Combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter in a bowl (make sure it is unsalted! else a disaster will follow 😉 ), and mix well. Press biscuit mixture into the base of a 20cm spring form pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
3. In a food processor, whip together cream cheese, icing sugar and coconut cream until smooth. Gradually pour the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base and set in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
4. Slowly pour the cooled jelly on top of the cheesecake filling. Allow to set for a further 3 hours.
5. Then you have the final product! 🙂 go ahead, Slice it and enjoy it. 🙂
Do try it when you find enough time for all these steps. when you do spend that time, i tell you, the end result is worth all the time spent 🙂
–The Twins 😉